Friday, July 25, 2014

Talented!



Talents: Matthew 25:14-30
Words to ponder:,


“For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country” (vs14a)

Jesus has gone away for a time, He is preparing for the kingdom. But, He in going away is one;

“…who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them. And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey.”
He has called each one of you to him, He has given each of us gifts, talents, time, energy, resources, and we all have been given so much. Especially here in America, we have more “things” than most, But God has given different amounts to different people, He has entrusted each of us, uniquely and individually.
“ Then he who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and made another five talents. And likewise he who had received two gained two more also. So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money”
 now in this parable each invests in different ways, but in reading this, I realized something, the one who wasted his talent buried his treasure in the earth, He put his treasure into the earth. Let that sink in, He put his treasure, his goods, his resources, his gift; the man buried it in the earth.This earth, this world, that is where he put his gift, he gave what he had to the earth and what did he receive… I began to think of all the ways I have buried my talents in this earth, using my gifts, investing my time, energy and efforts into this world. Matthew 6:20 says it best”
“ But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:” or the old saying nothing lost nothing gained, dear ones, everything has a cost, there is a price to pay, for everything, each moment costs you, each investment costs you, I have had a clearer picture of the cost in battling celiac disease, if I touch someone and they have eat gluten sometimes I will break out in boils, or get physically ill, but do I stop investing, no, it has a cost yes, but the hope that others might know him, and see him, in me, that others lives might be impacted because I gave of myself no matter the cost, then it is worth it. Cause to be honest, pouring into others, investing in others, everything has a cost, it costs some more than others, but it’s worth it. nothing, in fact he lost all he had been given, all the opportunities, all that the master had given were put into the hands of one who invested in that which gained more “talents” to have done nothing with His gift, blaming God for his lack of faithfulness, he had what had been given, taken.
“Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. 1Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.” Galatians 6:7-10
To have stored up treasure in heaven, rather than in something that will burn, then it is worth it. If my life can be spent on his behalf, may I freely give as I have received. Dear soul do not burry your treasure in this world, were is does not good, benefits no one, yes there was no loss, but there was no gain… freely you have received, freely give.
“ Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them.”
For there will be a time to settle accounts…
“ And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here I have made five talents more.”
What will you bring forward…
“His master said to him,”
What will he tell you? When you come forward and show him what you have done with your life. Willl it be said when you come forward…
“Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here I have made two talents more.’ His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ Or when he calls you forward, will you be one who returns what has been given, with none left to show, having hid what was given into the earth.
“He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours.”
But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’This last bit may seem harsh, but what was not used was given to one who was faithful, God will use the faithful,
From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.” Luke 12:48B
Let it not be said, “you ought to have invested MY Money”

No comments:

Post a Comment