Thursday, July 3, 2014

In His presence



How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure?






Then all the tax collectors and the sinners drew near to Him to hear Him. And the Pharisees and scribes complained, saying, “This Man receives sinners and eats with them.”


As I read this I can’t help but look at whom Jesus surrounded Himself with, Tax collectors, they were the social outcasts of the day, known for their cheating, dishonesty. They were traitors, the most hated in the community. Sinners, it literally means “missing the mark”, Romans 3:23 says “all have sinned, and fallen sort of the glory of God.” Not everyone sees themselves in this category, but according Romans 3:23, come join the crowd gathered to Jesus. Why? They were there to hear, and draw near to him, if we are all sinners, wear should we be found? Drawing near to Him, to hear Him, Wear is hope found for this lost soul? It is found in drawing near to Him, and Hearing Him.


But there are those who did not hear… who were these who did not receive? Pharisee, the outwardly religious, those who spent their days studying scripture, debating scripture, and seeking to show outward observance of the law, I say out ward because the true filament of the law was sitting right in front of them, that they had no intent of following. For them the word was hypocrisy, saying the followed it, but having not intent of living for the true word, (John 1:1) what about the Scribes? Well they spent their time coping scripture, experts in the word, they found themselves to be the only ones to accurately interpret scripture, yet they were not the ones who received Jesus, they condemned His actions. Dear heart of mine, may you not spend your time and energy on studying and knowing the word, yet missing it completely, they knew yet did not hear, they walked but did not draw near. There religious bigotry kept them from touching the outcast, they would lift there robes when walking through the streets. They condemned Jesus for eating with them, but this gives me hope, for I am a sinner. Christ receives you, and me, we can have communion with him. I have hope, Because He will receive me, I don’t have to be dammed. He receives sinners, those with no hope, the Pharisees condemned because they believed they were above such as sinners, the sinners heard and drew near, because they were cheaters, dishonest, and known for missing the mark, how can such be received, it is not because we are worthy, but because he is holy, We cannot be clean, yet through his blood he makes us clean. He receives them, to restore and make them righteous, Just as the father received his filthy stinky, lost son, so the Son of man receives us with open arms. He receives the sinner to restore, and make him righteous. The accusations of the Pharisees give me hope, I know I am a sinner; I am unworthy to come to him. Yet to the sinner he says, “Come unto me!” Though I am unworthy, He receives me, I know I have done nothing for God to have communion with Him, Yet He welcomes me with open arms, If I will get up, leave the life I have been living, beg forgiveness, and repent . I desire, since I have been restored form the pig pen of this world to reflect the love of my father, Christ, Say unto Him, May I look for him who is lost, Love and forgive, and I have been loved and forgiven so much, and rejoice upon return!

No comments:

Post a Comment